The STARability Foundation Board of Directors approved the 2020-2023 Strategic Plan on June 27, 2019. Please read below for an introduction to our organization, then click the bottom button to view the full Strategic Plan, including goals for our programs, fundraising and development, and community engagement and marketing.
Persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities have access to programs, the community and resources that provide opportunities to live a meaningful and productive life.
To transform the lives of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities through social, vocational and educational connections to the community, while strengthening awareness and respect for individual abilities.
WHO WE SERVE
STARability serves individuals 14 and older with an intellectual and/or development disability and we provide a community of support for their families and caregivers. Individuals and their families can become STARability members, whereby they have access to our programs, events and resources. STARability membership has surged 50% since 2016, and we now serve 280 individuals and their families. Our members come from Collier and South Lee counties in Southwest Florida.
OUR PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
STARability accomplishes its mission in five ways:
- Providing community-based social and recreational programs that focus on inclusion, team-building, healthy interaction, friendship and creative expression.
- The pioneering Trailblazer Academy for daily community-based vocational training, self-directed employment opportunities, independent living skills education, health and fitness, and meaningful community engagement.
- Advocating for inclusion through employment and community participation.
- Providing opportunities for education and life-long learning.
- Connecting individuals, families and caregivers with resources and support.