Current STARability Job Opportunities
Development Manager – Position Announcement
Are you a dynamic self-starter with a passion for helping others? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that offers potential for personal and professional growth? If so, then consider joining the team at STARability Foundation (http://starability.org/), where we are seeking an exceptional and experienced professional for the newly created full time position of Development Manager. STARability works every day to transform the lives of individuals with disabilities by shining light on ability, not disability, and creating meaningful connections to the community for our participants. You will be part of a team that is successfully growing this vibrant organization with game-changing programs and impact. Your role will be to build our development infrastructure so that STARability is positioned for even greater expansion and growth.
Position Summary – Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager (DM) will have the responsibility for managing the fundraising efforts of STARability and be directly involved with the creation and implementation of its annual fundraising plan. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with database management systems, fundraising functions, event management and be familiar with the operational aspects of a non-profit organization’s development office.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities – The DM will be responsible for helping to enhance and expand STARability’s existing fundraising activities. The primary responsibility of the DSM will be to lead and manage this effort including the following primary duties:
• With input from the Executive Director, create the organization’s annual fundraising plan.
• Develop a timeline to implement and oversee the annual fundraising plan to keep all activities on schedule.
• Manage STARability’s donor database (Bloomerang) and keep the data current.
• Produce and use a procedures manual for the Development Office.
• Establish systems to track and manage donors and prospects relationships.
• Create a donor communications plan.
• Prepare fundraising communications – from appeals to acknowledgments to other appropriate correspondence.
• Produce reports to track fundraising success and projects.
• Conduct prospects research, generate prospects profiles and participate in donor strategy meetings.
• Coordinate fundraising information for posting on social media.
• Coordinate fundraising volunteers.
• Provide event management support for annual STAR Gala, 3k Fun Run and other 3rd party beneficiary events. Manage mobile bidding platform (Give Smart).
Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of relevant fundraising experience preferred. Experience with galas or other similar special event fundraising events/programs preferred.
• Experience administering a Donor Management System including best use practices for data management and generating in-depth reports
• Events management experience including coordinating volunteers, managing mobile bidding platforms and maximizing guest experiences
• Experience using social media to augment fundraising communications
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
• Self-directed and motivated; ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Passion for non-profit work and comfortable in a team environment
• Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task projects
• Ability to be flexible, patient, and handle a variety of situations that can arise with clients
Other Requirements Include:
• Working some weekends and evenings
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to use a personal vehicle occasionally for work related events and meetings (reimbursement provided)
• Light lifting, up to 20 pounds
• Helping set up special events with volunteers
Application & Other Information – The Development Manager position is an exempt position offering a competitive salary and benefits. The potential candidate must be able to pass a background check. STARability Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Applications will be accepted via email to Karen Govern, Executive Director at email@example.com through October 15, 2019. No phone calls please; include your resume, a cover letter, three references and a salary history.