YOU’RE INVITED! Spotlight On: How to find providers of health care services that effectively accommodate individuals with developmental disabilities.
About STARability Family Forums:
At STARability Foundation, we’re a family bound together by having someone very special to us with a developmental disability. Families started the organization more than 30 years ago to support one another and create opportunities for their loved ones. In continuing that tradition, we invite you to participate in our quarterly FAMILY FORUM, featuring engaging presentations, open discussion and valuable takeaways.
Each forum will feature different topics of interest involving different areas of community resources, information, and opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. These topics came about after an online survey of our members, families, and caregivers in May. Four topics scored the highest in interest and will be featured in the first series of panels in September, December, April, and July. The meeting times will vary but will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday mornings, which also ranked the highest for day/time slots as tallied in our rating survey.
Engaging presentations, with fun refreshments, will be followed by Q&A/networking sessions. Together, we’ll explore community resources, issues and pathways to enhance quality of life.
Next Family Forum:
Date: Wednesday, December 12th, 2018
RSVP By: Wednesday, December 7th, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM
Location: Naples Therapeutic Riding Center (Community Room)
Topic: How to find providers of health care services that effectively accommodate individuals with developmental disabilities.
Upcoming Family Forum Panel Topics:
• How to change the Medicaid Waiver status of your STARability member (on or off the wait list)
• How to access funding for services including personal care assistance, respite for caregivers, medical care, therapies, and housing.
• How to find providers once you gain access to those services.
• How to seek out housing solutions for your STARability member, including group home living options that are currently available.
• Highlight solutions that have emerged nationwide and potential emerging opportunities in our area.