Location: Naples Therapeutic Riding Center (Community Room) 206 Ridge Drive, Naples FL 34108 Date: Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019 Time: 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Join us to learn how individuals with developmental disabilities and their families/caregivers can best prepare and stay safe during a hurricane.
• Making sure those with disabilities and their caregivers know how to be prepared in advance of a hurricane warning by having the right supplies and evacuation plan in place.
• Learn about signing up for Collier County’s Special Needs shelters and what to expect if you need to use one.
• Find out about other personal safety measures that can also be useful year-round, such as Collier County’s Smart911 program.
• Learn about the city of Naples’ new Emergency Operations Center and how it will function in the event of a hurricane.
• Lauren Bonica, Collier County Emergency Management’s Special Needs Program
• Corey Adamski, Battalion Chief- Fire Marshal, Naples Fire-Rescue Department
• Cpl. James Klewicki, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
Please RSVP by emailing info@STARability.org or by calling 239.594.9007. Light refreshments will be served