A Structured Program for Individuals 18 & older with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Job Training & Readiness
- Nutrition & Health
- Self Employment Opportunities
- Personal Finance & Budgeting
- Discovering the Arts
This STARability program provides an opportunity for structured, daily vocational training at various job locations, fitness and recreational activities, nutrition education and independent living skills.
Lead by Program Director Madison McNally, the Trailblazer Academy helps participants accomplish what they otherwise might think impossible, thanks to the daily hands-on training for jobs and life skills the academy provides. The academy is designed to help participants become more independent and give them a sense of purpose and pride. It lifts our members out of isolation and takes a burden off their caregivers. It’s swiftly becoming one of STARability’s most popular programs.
The Trailblazer Academy is Community Based – participants are active and engaged with local employers, nonprofit organizations, recreational centers and art programs.
Some of the activities individuals participate in are:
- Vocational training at local restaurants, retail establishments, and area nonprofits
- Regular physical fitness activities (STARability Bowling on Thursdays is included)
- Life Skills training in cooking & nutrition, personal safety, navigating transportation & more
- Personal finance & budgeting, both at home and out in the community
- Experiences in the arts, such as painting, ceramics, photography, improv classes, music & more
This is a year-round program, divided into 4 quarters, with achievable milestones in each session.
Madison McNally helps participants and their families work toward their personal goals, whether it’s finding employment, learning new skills for independence, developing habits for a healthy lifestyle, or exploring the community.
Trailblazer Academy Schedule
Date: Monday through Friday
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Cost: Call our office for pricing.
Scholarships are available.
Location: Meet at STARability offices at 9:00am. Activities take place throughout the community. Transportation is provided from the STARability office to area locations.
Call the STARability office at (239) 594-9007 for more information.